|The Sacred Dance Guild Journal articles by SDG members and invited guest writers. The Journal offers news and reports about current SDG activities, history, practice of sacred dance, profiles of Sacred Dancers and choreography.
Submission Guidelines for The Sacred Dance Guild’s JournalThe Sacred Dance Guild Journal welcomes articles written by SDG members. Articles could be newsy or scholarly research. Photos and Illustrations are encouraged.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
Articles must be at least 100 characters long
Scholarly research articles and bibliography please utilize the MLA style guide .
Articles are be submitted to email@example.com.
Please include a brief Author Bio and headshot with your submission.
To find articles on Sacred Dance try this Search on Google Scholar
Previously published articles
Gifts from Many Cultures by Martha Ann Kirk
Vietnamese Dance: VIETNAMESE CHRISTIANS SHARING GOD’S BEAUTY IN SACRED DANCE AND DRAMA By Sister Martha Ann Kirk, CCVI, and Brother Rufino Zaragoza, OFM
The Christian Body Dances: A History of Dance in the Christian Church by Karen Josephson
- Volume 4, 1961 “Motion Is A Sacred Thing” by Toni’ Intravaia
- Volume 7, 1964 “The Sacred Dance: A Great Classical Art Is Adapted To The Liturgy” by George Proksch
- Volume 23-1 1980 “Black Church and Sacred Dance” by Sylvia B.Bryant
- Volume 25-2, 1983 “Spiritual & Cultural Exploration Through Dance” by Jo Anne Combs
- Volume 26-3, 1984 “Jump In!” by Suanne Ferguson
- Volume27-1, 1984 “Dancing Prayer With The Physically And Emotionally Handicapped” by Barbara Lyon
- Volume35-3, 1993 “Prophets Of The Body” by Phil Porter
- Volume 41-2, 1999 “Jesus In The Audience” by Ellen Cowhey and Kathleen Doerner
- Volume 42-2, 2000 “Universal Truth in Diverse Dances” by Jeannine Bunyan
- Volume 49-1, 2006 “View From The Pew” by Mary Adamski
SDG’s Journal from 2009-2012.