Light Body Prayer by JoyBeth is an author, dancer, teacher, and interfaith minister. She has been a faculty member at our Festivals, also serving SDG by being on its Board of Directors. http://www.soulintegrators.com
As we have seen in the previous issues of SDG’s Journal, Body Prayers can be from any tradition, with or without themes or song, and from complex to very simple. They do have a common focus in movement, rhythm and repetition all oriented towards connecting with The Divine.
This featured Body Prayer was created from my Soul’s voice to help me to fill up with Divine Energy or light when I need a boost. Remember to breathe and to make this prayer your own. You will be chanting or sing-songing the words and dancing this in one fluid motion to the East, the South, the West, and the North.
• While chanting or sing-songing “I AM THE LIGHT” the right arm comes out from the side and reaches up into the heaven with palms up and fingers spread out.
• Moving fluidly, it dances on down to the Solar Plexus. As it moves down, the left arm joins it and together they move out from the body center with both palms connected and pointed towards the sky while chanting or sing-songing “I GIVE THE LIGHT.”
• Without stopping the hands flip over and move back towards the heart while chanting or sing-songing
“I RECEIVE THE LIGHT.”
• Then they join at the heart shooting up to the sky together separating at the top as they shimmy back down to their sides while chanting or sing-songing “I LIVE THE LIGHT.”
• After a complete cycle facing East, you turn and repeat all facing South, and then West and finally North. Do this as many times as it takes for you to feel the connection and the shift in your energy.
See the Original Journal articles http://sacreddanceguild.org/journal/sdg_Fall2011.pdf
JoyBeth is an author, dancer, teacher, and interfaith minister. She has been a faculty member at our Festivals, also serving SDG by being on its Board of Directors. http://www.soulintegrators.com